- Demonstrates knowledge of the Privacy and Security rules outlined in the HIPAA guideline.
- Successfully complete the mandatory one day HIPAA Training.
- Adheres and conforms to all hospital and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Examines patients, orders or performs appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Formulates diagnosis, directs or preforms appropriate therapeutic treatment and counsels patients.
- Consults with other members of the professional staff.
- Gives guidance and direction to the house staff and other members of the healthcare team.
- Provides guidance and participates in the teaching of house staff, in staff conferences, and in research projects as directed.
- Advises the less experienced members of the professional medical staff.
- Plans, organizes and directs the operation of a major segment within a medical service or medical program in a hospital or similar health facility; or assists the Chief of Service in the planning, organizing and directing of the entire medical service or medical program.
- Assists in the administration and coordination of the service.
- Assists int he establishment and maintenance of standards of performance for Physicians and other professional employees working in the service.
- Performs other administrative, professional, consultative duties as needed by the Chief of Service.
- Participates in medical research.
- Prepares daily work log as required.
- Adheres to the departmental attendance policy.
- All other duties as required by the department.
- Graduate of an approved medical school
- Possession of a valid license to practice in New York State
- Current Board Certification issued by the appropriate American Specialty Board
- Five years of full-time licensed experience as a physician practicing general medicine acceptable to the Medical Board of the hospital
- BC in Geriatric Medicine
- Will be able to develop a Geriatric practice within the PCMH model at the facility
- Will participate in resident education