MDstaffers is seeking a qualified Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in Palo Alto, CA. For more information, please apply or call (866) 90-STAFF.
Our client is seeking an Urgent Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their cutting-edge practice in Palo Alto, California. This position is with a group that blends advanced technology with human-centered care while building a supportive and respectful team culture. Join a groundbreaking organization whose primary focus is affordable, first-class patient care.
Santa Clara County is ranked one of the top areas in the United States to work and live because of its wide diversity of cultures and backgrounds, highly ranked schools, and abundance of gourmet and ethnic dining options. Enjoy some of the best weather the Bay Area has to offer while exploring the natural beauty of redwoods, rolling hills, and parks. Art, culture, and entertainment abound locally while San Francisco is just over an hour away.
- Permanent, part-time position
- Ability to work in a fast paced and paperless environment
- Administer direct patient care including physical exams, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment
- Effectively organize patients to discern between less urgent and immediate care
- Manage and efficiently maintain a continuous patient flow to avoid long wait times
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests including X-rays, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests
- Conduct digital blocks and regional anesthesia
- Complete minor outpatient surgical procedures such as wound closure and management, incision and drainage, and foreign body removal
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including:
- Start IV fluids
- Aspirations and injection of joints, bursas, and cysts
- Apply and modify braces, splints, and other orthopedic appliances
- Closed reductions of fractures and dislocations of fingers, toes, and nursemaid’s elbows
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals and treatment plans
- Advise and educate patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, testing results, follow-up care, and instruction about discharge
- Disseminate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment to the patient, company, and other clinical staff
- Review and conduct daily tasks, patient callbacks, and lab results during shift
- Utilize clinic resources
We are proud to offer you a benefits package that includes:
- Competitive base compensation
- 401k with company matching
- Medical/Master’s degree and certification
- Valid California medical license
- Valid controlled substance license with a DEA license with no restrictions
- ACLS and PALS license (within 3 months of hire)
- Available on weekends
To view more of our open positions, please visit [Register to View] . To immediately speak with one of our staff, please call (866) 90-STAFF. MDstaffers is a proud member of National Association of Locum Tenens Organizations (NALTO) and National Association of Physician Recruiters (NAPR). Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for new job postings.
Job reference # 13418