**General Surgery PA opportunity in Augusta, ME**
Located 1 hour from Portland, ME
- Permanent position
- Scheduled Weekly Hours: full-time, 40 hours/week
- Seeking a Physician Assistant for a General Surgery service line which is an integral part of the overall Surgical Department.
- Work in the hospital's outpatient clinic, performing outpatient procedures, consults and follow ups, post-operative appointments, inpatient rounding and discharging, first assisting, patient education, quality data collection and preparation.
- Schedule: work four 10-hour days
- 1:4 weekend inpatient rounding schedule.
- Work at both our Augusta and Waterville locations.
- As part of the team you will provide first contact, continuous, comprehensive, and coordinated patient centered care for patients. Enhance patients experiences with respect to quality, access, reliability and cost. Working with the patient care team to coordinate and integrate care across the healthcare system and community. BLS for Healthcare provider is required within 3 months of hire, and ACLS preferred within 6 months of hire.
- You will work under the direct supervision of our Medical Director as well as access to a comprehensive team of surgeons. You may have the opportunity to gain/expand skill sets in multiple surgical lines.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Supporting all aspects of the employees wellness - physical, emotional and financial - is a critical component of being a great place to work. With the wide range of benefits and programs available, employees have the resources they need to be well at every stage of life and plan for the future.
- Health system offers quality health, dental, and vision benefits and wellness programs and resources to provide employees access to resources for a healthy lifestyle and help manage health care costs.
- Employees have access to industry-leading leave for new parents.
- A generous earned time plan is offered to all employees - We believe employees need and deserve time away from work to observe holiday, be with family, go on vacation, or simply take care of themselves.
- Emotional Wellness: When life gets challenging, employees have access to the Employee Assistance Program for employees and anyone in their household.