A North Carolina facility is seeking a board certified Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to assist with acute patient care in the cardiothoracic surgery intermediate unit. The successful candidate will be part of a team of 7 NP/PA providers. Cardiac surgery experience as a nurse or advanced practice provider are preferred. New providers will need to come in the day before scheduled start date for orientation.
- Starting ASAP for 1-2 months during recruitment
- Shift times: 6:30am-4:30pm
- Days vary Monday-Friday and weekend coverage
- Weekend shifts required depending on schedule needs
- 4 (10 hour) shifts per week (equivalent to 16 shifts/month)
Job Highlights include:
- Ability to work with a nationally recognized cardiac surgery team of 6 MDs
- Established team of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- 2 Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants in Intensive Care Unit
- CVICU team covers nights
- Average volume: 16-22patients (8-13/APP)
- Clinical responsibilities include post-operative inpatient and outpatient care and inpatient consults
- Required procedures include thoracentesis, pulling chest tubes and pacing wires
- Moonlighting opportunities
Contact us at [Register to View] today for more details on this excellent job opportunity!