This job is archived
The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center, located in Greenville, North Carolina, is seeking a Board Eligible/Board Certified Nurse Practitioner to join their Mother-Baby Newborn Service. The successful candidate will provide care, in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, for over 3700 deliveries annually at Vidant Medical Center. Experienced primary care pediatric nurse practitioner or neonatal nurse practitioner applicants are preferred.
Job Highlights include:
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center
- Schedule: Monday-Friday – 7am to 3pm
- Provide clinical management for the daily care of babies on the newborn service
- Collaborate with the attending and other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Attend low risk deliveries
- Serve as a consultant for nursing staff
- Potential opportunity for academic responsibilities
- State of the art children’s hospital with a 42-bed bassinet capacity
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- New graduates are encouraged to apply
Job Requirements include:
- NRP certified
- PALS certified
- Current unrestricted RN licensure
James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center
The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital, located on the campus of Vidant Medical Center, is designed to care for children from newborns to 18 years of age (and up to 21 years of age is patient is being followed by a pediatric physician). The 206,499 square foot 198-bed facility provides highly specialized services including a pediatric intensive care (PICU), neonatal intensive care (NICU), kids immunosuppressed specialty unit (KISU), specialty care nursery, mother-baby unit, pediatric ECMO services, 24/7 children’s emergency department, acute dialysis and continuous renal replacement therapy (CRRT), pediatric radiology, pediatric rehabilitation, general surgery, cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, and craniofacial surgery. The James and Connie Maynard Children’s Hospital at Vidant Medical Center is a designated Children’s Miracle Network hospital, placing it among the nation’s top children’s facilities.
Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play!
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area