Physician Assistant (PA) - Family Medicine in Shreveport, Louisiana.
The Physician Assistant (PA) - Family Medicine job is a civilian position on Barksdale Air Force Base at the outpatient Family Medicine Clinic. Civilian and military healthcare providers work together providing care to active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families. This is an incredible work environment with amazing work life balance.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Day shifts only
- Federal holidays off (and paid)
- PTO - fantastic accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- malpractice provided
Physician Assistant (PA) - Family Medicine Job Overview:
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care
- Supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving any and all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients.
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma)
- Recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols and the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee approved medications and immunizations.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
- Attend staff meetings to provide case discussion, continuing education, and continuous quality improvement.
Physician Assistant (PA) - Family Medicine Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support
- Bachelor's degree
- Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the ARC-PA
- Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician's Assistants (NCCPA)
- As required to meet clinical competency requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing instructions.
- Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license. Any U.S. jurisdiction honored!
- Experience: demonstrated clinical competency within the past two years as a licensed PA