The Physician Assistant (PA) job is civilian position within the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the military community.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Days only
- Holidays off
- No On-Call
- Fantastic PTO accural rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Physician Assistant (PA) - Flight Medicine Job Overview:
- Direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic and minor trauma)
- Recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders and injuries
- Refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Prescribe in accordance with approved treatment protocols
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness.
Physician Assistant (PA) - Flight Medicine job Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accrediated school certified by the ARC-PA
- Certification by the NCCPA
- PA Licensure: any US state or territory honored. Active, unrestricted.
- At least 12 months of full-time experience as a licensed P.A. within the previous 24 months. (clinicals can not be counted)
- Computer competency (medical records, operations, et al)
Position contigent upon contract award with a Spring 2019 anticipated start date. Incumbents highly encouraged to apply! Come to join our team!