STG International is seeking qualified candidates for the Physician Assistant or Physician Assistant position to work full-time providing health care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Initaties and maintains compliance with NCCHC policies for accreditation.
2. Provides direct care to detainees.
3. Works within Scope of Practice and performs functions outlined in the Protocols fs.
4. Performs medical histories on detainees entering the Service Processing Center (SPC) and completes necessary paperwork on them.
5. Performs physical examinations on detainees, which may include such procedures as pap smears, pelvic exams, EKGs, and /or neurological exams.
6. Evaluates and provides care to detainees with medical appointments, on sick call, or who are walk-ins.
7. Provides emergency and First Aid treatment including suturing, when required on detainees.
8. Performs minor surgical procedures.
9. Reviews/reevaluates weekly or as necessary, those cases requiring ongoing medical/pharmaceutical attention.
10. Carries out orders authorized by the physician.
11. Reads PPDs and provides Direct Observation Therapy (DOT) of INH/B6 to those detainees requiring it.
12. Provides relevant patient health education to detainees verbally and/or with handouts. Documentation of this is reflected in the Progress Notes.
13. Coordinates health care needs of detainees with other staff members and coordinates referrals to off-site providers as required.
14. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics when prescribing and dispensing medication.
15. Maintain non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
1.Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State accrediting agency.
2.Current active license in the state where the facility is located.
3.Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act for the licensing state and/or the state in which one practices nursing.
4.Comprehensive knowledge of managing non-compliant patients, special needs populations, and patients with significant deficits in coping skills, thereby requiring continuing professional clinical support.
5.Flexibility and ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and work requirements.
6.Knowledge of a wide range of complex nursing concepts, principles, and practices to perform nursing assessments of considerable diversity to include mental health, medical surgical, ambulatory and emergency nursing care.
7.Bilingual communication capability, preferred.
8.Knowledge of staff development and basic adult learner teaching skills.
9.Knowledge of forensic nursing concepts and principles.
10.Intermediate or advanced knowledge of computerized data base, sources, and reporting methodologies.
11.Knowledge of team building principles.
1.Maintains current CPR/BLS certification.
2.Maintains current ACLS certification (optional).
3.Minimum 6 years professional nursing experience.
6.Excellent Oral/Written Communication Skills.
8.Maintains clinical professional skills/certification via continuing education opportunities.
9.Adult learner teaching skills.
This position is located at a National Health Services Corp (NHSC) approved site. The NHCS offers loan repayment programs to primary care provider in health professional shortage areas. For more information on the loan repayment program, go to nhsc.hrsa.gov.
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.