At US Acute Care Solutions, you will have the opportunity to practice compassionate, attentive, and quality care with a group that invests in your growth, while valuing and rewarding your expertise.
Our Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners work side by side with our physicians as clinical colleagues, with support through their own local, regional, and national APP leadership. That’s because, as the country’s leading physician-owned acute care group, we understand how important it is to be supported in leadership by your APP colleagues to focus on what’s important: quality patient care.
Peterson Regional Medical Center moved into its new 124-bed facility in April 2008. Named for local businessman Sid Peterson, this private hospital was named one of the “Top 20” Rural Community Hospitals in the nation—the only hospital in Texas on the list. It serves a primary service area of over 45,000 people.
Specialty backup includes Cardiology, ENT, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Hematology/Oncology, Nephrology, Neurology, Orthopedic Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Pulmonology, Radiology and Interventional Radiology, Urology, and Vascular Surgery. Hospitalists admit 85% of patients from the Emergency Department. Specialty backup does not include dialysis, Infectious Disease, Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, major trauma, Neurosurgery, Ortho-Hand, Ortho-Spine, or Pediatrics—Patient requiring these specialties are transferred to nearby San Antonio. Stroke patients who receive fibrinolytics or who meet criteria for arterial thrombectomy are transferred to San Antonio after consultation with a Tele-Neurologist.
- Support through an APP leadership structure at local, regional, and national levels
- APP-focused Alignment and Retention Plan
- Industry-leading and company funded 401k (an additional 10%)
- Highly competitive financial & benefits package
- Yearly CME/BEA (Business Expense Account)
- Groundbreaking Paid Parental Leave
- Pioneering Paid Military Leave
- Short- and long-term disability (own occupation)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and Rx coverage
- The best medical malpractice including tail coverage
- Industry-leading professional development programs
- Location flexibility and career stability of a national group
Medical professionals in Kerrville enjoy a lifestyle that blends all the best aspects of rural, suburban, and urban life. With excellent housing, real estate costs, and state- and nationally-distinguished schools, Kerrville is the perfect hometown for families. Outdoor recreational activities such as flying, hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, kayaking, triathlons, and photography abound in this beautiful area of the Texas Hill Country. Since both San Antonio and Austin are within a one- to two-hour drive, Kerrville is a perfect choice for physicians who want to practice in a smaller community with metropolitan amenities nearby.