A partner of the OptumCare network, WellMed Medical Group (WMG) is seeking a nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our Home & Supportive Care department in the Plano, Frisco, and McKinney areas. We are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Start doing your life’s best work.(sm) with the largest care delivery organization in the world.
- Practice with a multi-disciplinary team of health care providers that may include, but is not limited to, Family Practice and/or Internal Medicine Physicians, RN Case Managers, social workers, and clinic staff.
- Our model is designed to provide a comprehensive, coordinated model of care to a predominantly Medicare-aged population.
- Primarily manage care in the patient’s home; however, care may require an office or other facility setting depending on the needs of the patient.
- Diagnoses and treats both acute and chronic conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, kidney disease and other chronic medical conditions.
- The APC will also treat acute conditions such as minor injuries and other acute medical conditions such as infections or exacerbations of chronic diseases.
- Facilitates patient and family decision making regarding treatment decisions and end of life care and serious illness discussions.
- Prescribes pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- WellMed is a Medicare Advantage Plan that operates as a health system focused on Quality/Value Based Outcomes
- Our care model limits daily volume to allow our providers the time needed to provide quality care to their patients
- We offer clinical and leadership growth and stability second to none
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We are influencing change on a national scale while maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
- Base Salary plus Annual Quality Incentive with a target of $15,000
- 401k with match and UHG Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 160 hours of PTO, 40 hours CME, and clinics are closed for 8 national holidays
- Comprehensive Benefits from Optum Partner Services
At WellMed our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2019 Optum Health & Technology. All rights reserved.
- Masters of Science in Nursing OR Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- Current Licensure through the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners OR Licensed Physician Assistant by the Texas State Medical Board
- Current prescriptive authority from the Texas Board of Nursing OR Current prescriptive authority from the Texas State Medical Board
- Valid DEA license
- 18+ months of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant
- Comfortable managing a primarily Medicare-aged patient population
- Reliable transportation
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Home health experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 14 million people through more than 38,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey [Register to View] .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Job Keywords: Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, NP, PA, Plano, TX, Texas