About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
Below is a list of your responsibilities as a Physician’s Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with Corizon Health at Marquette Brach Prison located in Marquette, MI 49855.
- Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies throughout the facility.
- Identify inmate / patient health problems and prescribe treatment under direction of a physician. Document all healthcare contacts.
- Order and, if necessary, performs laboratory studies, X-rays, examinations, and electrocardiograms, as appropriate.
- Implement medical care utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by the Physician.
- Provide education to inmate / patient, healthcare and correctional staff.
- Adhere to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills. Follow security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled meditations.
- Delegate to and supervise other team members as appropriate.
- Adhere to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Can deal with and respond to stressful situations in a stressful environment.
Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO plan
- 401k with matching funds
- Employee Discount and Rewards Program
- Tuition Assistance
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Malpractice Insurance included
Experience & Requirements
- For Physician Assistant, Graduate of an accredited college / university Physician Assistant program
- For Nurse Practitioner, Graduate of an accredited college/university nurse practitioner program with current certification.
- Holds a current license to practice in the state where facility is located
- Maintains required annual licensure and credentialing requirements for physician assistants in the healthcare unit.
- Maintains an active CPR certification.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Job Locations US-MI-Ionia
Category Nurse Practitioners
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Day
Location ID 93031