ECU Health Physicians and ECU Health Cancer Care are seeking a Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner with RNFA certification to work as a First Assist. The successful candidate will join a gynecology oncology practice located in Greenville, North Carolina.
Applicants must be proficient in all aspects of first assisting. Robotic experience is preferred.
- Employment by ECU Health Physicians – community based model
- Hospital privileges at ECU Health Medical Center, a level 1 trauma, 974 bed Academic Medical Center
- Clinical responsibilities will providing first assist support to gynecology oncology and also the colorectal programs at ECU Health Medical Center to include operating room first assist support for the surgeons and monitoring patient care on surgical oncology unit post/pre op
- Monday – Friday daytime schedule with shared call
- The level 1 trauma center’s surgery department includes 23 Operating rooms with 3 DaVinci XI robots
- The ECU Health Cancer Center is home to the full spectrum of state-of-the-art equipment including Gamma Knife, Cyber Knife, Trubeam Linear Accelerators, 3D Mammography, 3 MT MRI, Ultrasound and the full spectrum of radiology services
- American College of Surgeons-Commission on Cancer (ACS-COC) accredited cancer program
- Referral network includes 29 county area with a population of 1.4 million people
- Applicants will be required to have BLS certification from The American Heart Association and if NP, must additionally hold RNFA certification
- Competitive Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits to include: Administrative Stipend, Relocation, Paid Vacation, Sick, & Holidays, Malpractice/Tail Coverage, 401k matching/457, Medical, Dental, & Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care system serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of 13,000 team members, nine hospitals and a physician group that encompasses over 1,100 academic and community providers practicing in over 185 primary and specialty clinics located in more than 110 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level I Trauma Center, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. ECU Health and the Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health and well-being of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research.
ECU Health Physicians includes an academic practice model (ECU employment) and a community practice model (health system employment). There is shared leadership and shared services to support the overall group and to ensure alignment for clinical care, research, education and strategy.
This innovative structure creates opportunities within ECU Health Physicians ranging from acute to ambulatory, academic practice to community practice, regional to rural, and everything in between.
ECU HEALTH CANCER CARE
ECU Health is a mission-driven, 1,708-bed academic health care enterprise serving more than 1.4 million people in 29 eastern North Carolina counties. The not-for-profit system is comprised of more than 13,000 employees, nine hospitals, a children's hospital and two multi-specialty group practices with more than 1,100 providers in more than 180 locations. The flagship ECU Health Medical Center, a Level 1 Trauma facility, and ECU Health Maynard Children’s Hospital serve as the primary teaching hospitals for the East Carolina University Brody School of Medicine. ECU Health and Brody School of Medicine share a combined academic mission to improve the health of eastern North Carolina through patient care, education and research. For more information, visit ECUHealth.org.
Widely recognized as the thriving cultural, educational, economic and medical hub of eastern North Carolina, Greenville is the 10th largest city in the state with a metropolitan population of nearly 100,000. , The Dickinson Avenue Arts District offers a vibrant arts, music, culinary and festival scene in the Uptown Greenville district. , Greenville is also home to East Carolina University, the Brody School of Medicine, and Pitt Community College. , Excellent affordability, convenient location and natural resources combined with all of the amenities of a metropolitan university town, Greenville is the perfect place to live, work and play! ,
- Located inland off of the North Carolina coast, Greenville is 45 miles east of interstate 95, just over an hour to Raleigh, a little over an hour to the pristine beaches of the Crystal Coast of NC
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant university with an annual enrollment of more than 24,000 students
- Numerous waterways and the Greenville Greenway System are perfect for boating, kayaking, fishing, hiking and camping
- Mild climate perfect for year-round outdoor activities
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, both public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses, and residents to the area
It is the goal of ECU Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position. Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law.