The Nurse Practitioner shall perform medical histories, physical examinations, and reviews of required medical tests and documentation pertaining to consultations and medical histories on applicants for the Armed Forces.
- Perform medical histories, physical examinations, and reviews of required medical tests and documents pertaining to consultations and medical histories on applicants for the Armed Forces
- Review of required medical tests and documents pertaining to consultations and medical histories
- Secure a thorough health history from the applicant and record findings
- Arrange (but not performing) Medical consultations to include but not limited to orthopedics, psychiatry, ears, nose and throat specialty, dermatology, internal medicine, and dental.
- Accomplish the specified quantity and quality of work within the schedule and hours allotted herein.
- Perform records review/consult reviews and results reviews.
- Abide by DoD, USMEPCOM, and other applicable instructions, regulations, and policies.
- Apply accession medical standards to determine applicant medical qualifications
- Become proficient in the application of accession medical standards to determine suitability of applicants for military service
- Provide highest regard to applicant dignity
- Abide by and follow IAW, Privacy Act and HIPPA
- Participate in MEPS local, medical peer reviews
- Use Philosophy Known as “Red Carpet Treatment”
- Comply with all installation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited school of nursing (National League of Nursing)
- Master's or Doctoral Degree from a program accredited by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certificate Program (ANPCP) or the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands
- Minimum of one (1) year post-graduate experience in direct patient care within the last three (3) years
- Possess and maintain a current certification of Basic Life Support (BLS) Training from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross training for Healthcare Providers. This training must include a “hands-on” portion and be recertified every two years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Possess computer skills necessary to access and update electronic medical documentation, access and respond to e-mail communications, and use internet sites as required to obtain information on medical issues
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to effectively communicate with all parties and other providers
- Ability to effectively plan and utilize time while administering judgment and demonstrating sound decision-making skills
- Possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relationship skills, and social sensitivity
- Ability to complete Genesis training requirements for medical documentation
- Experience in collecting, organizing, recording, and communicating, while taking health histories and administering mental health screening questionnaires
- Knowledgeable of diagnostic procedures related to a variety of medical and healthcare fields to include obstetrics and gynecology, otolaryngology, pediatric, orthopedic, internal medicine, and mental health
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Any estimated salary provided by this job board may not align with Chenega's compensation program. Please apply to connect with a recruiter who can provide more details.