Full-time Critical Care NP/PA opportunity in the Central Valley – day and night positions available!
Kaweah Health is a 600-bed community hospital located 40 minutes south of Fresno, California. Kaweah Health is the second-largest district hospital in the state of California. A level III Trauma Center, Kaweah is the only hospital in Visalia, with comprehensive care including cardiac and orthopedic surgery, cancer treatment, mental health services, and extensive pediatric service care including NICU.
- 21-bed Medical ICU, 20-bed CVICU, & ICCU
- Excellent IR & GI services. Robust cardiology program, interventional cardiology, Anesthesia, Nephrology, pic line team, and palliative care team. The cardiothoracic surgery program is affiliated with Stanford.
- 1 Intensivist & 1 APP in-house overnight 7pm-7am with teleICU support. APP will handle admissions to ICCU and perform ICU procedures like arterial and central lines.
- The ICCU is an extension of the MICU. In the ICCU we have insulin drips, low-dose pressors, BiPAP, trach, and vented patients coming out of ICU, trying to prevent them from going back into ICU. Low-grade septic shock.
- 7 on 14 off schedule for Nocturnists
- EMR: Cerner
- Salary range is dependent on number of day or night shifts worked. The salary working 15 days per month is $216,000. $158,400 working an average of 10 night shifts per month. Salary at 14 nights per month is $221,760
- Recognized by Healthgrades as one of the America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ in 2023.
- Recognized by Healthgrades for the past 6 consecutive years for excellence in Cardiac Surgery
- Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award – In August of 2023, Kaweah Health received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award. The award recognizes the hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines based on the latest scientific evidence.
Requirements for the role
- Demonstrate ability to Independently assess, examine, and provide care to critically ill patients in the ICU including procedures such as central lines, intubations, arterial lines, and chest tubes
- Present and participate in daily multidisciplinary rounds in the ICU
- Work autonomously and multitask within the critical care team
- Commit to excellence in clinical service and demonstrate problem-solving abilities necessary to best serve our patients
- Current, unrestricted license (ACNP); 2-3 years of Acute Care NP ICU experience required
- Minimum 10, 12-hour night shifts per month
Join a world-class critical care team, led by Drs. Steve Matchet and Sergio Zanotti, that is committed to improving healthcare quality and reducing costs in every community we serve. Our values – quality, service, teamwork, innovation, and integrity – guide us to bring better intensivist care to the bedside every day.
- We put patients first. Always.
- A focus on growth and development is a key feature of Sound Medical Group practices, where we aim to help teammates expand their careers locally as well as within the broader medical group.
- We are a community-minded team and encourage our team members who want to contribute in and out of the hospital to help make our local community thrive.
There are several nice communities in the Visalia area, although most physicians commute in from Fresno/Clovis. The schools are excellent, homes are affordable, and we get 300 days of sunshine annually to explore several national parks including Yosemite National Park, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, and Sierra National Forest.
- Clovis, CA was recognized by Livability as “Best Places to Live in the US in 2023”
- Outdoors paradise: boundless hiking, mountain biking, fishing, and even skiing nearby.
- Central Location: Fresno/Clovis/Visalia is a 3-hour drive to Los Angeles, San Jose, and San Luis Obispo.
- Median home price in Fresno is $375k, $497k in Clovis, & $369k in Visalia