Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine

Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine

Growth opportunities within three different locations, robust benefits and generous retirement plan, family environment, academic excellence, the latest technology utilized in the fields of medicine, excellent partnerships with hospital and other local institutions.   Suwanee, Georgia, United States Suwanee, Georgia, United States http://www.pcom.edu

Company Information

PCOM South Georgia - Extending our commitment to the State of Georgia and the Southeast, PCOM is adding an additional location - PCOM South Georgia - in Moultrie.  To learn more about Moultrie, Georgia, click here.

Moultrie is located in Colquitt County.  Colquitt County is known for its thriving agricultural industry, hunting preserves and natural recreation areas.  To learn more about Colquitt County, click here.

The robustness of history and modern day luxuries are all within Moultrie as well as the City of Moultrie is approximately an hour away from the Florida line and is within easy driving distance to the Gulf Coast. 

To learn more about the PCOM South Georgia location, click here.
 

When osteopathic schools were forming throughout the country in the 1890s, two students at the Northern Institute of Osteopathy in Minneapolis—the Rev. Mason W. Pressly and Oscar John Snyder—targeted Philadelphia as a future home for an osteopathic college.

While the “City of Brotherly Love” had a rich history of medicine, it had but one “osteopathist” by the time Pressly and Snyder graduated in 1898 and 1899, respectively. The two doctors of osteopathy (DOs) followed through with their vision, incorporating Philadelphia College and Infirmary of Osteopathy (PCIO) on January 24, 1899. They rented two rooms in the Stephen Girard Building at 21 S. 12th Street—the first of many homes for the College—and opened their doors to students and patients.

In September 1899 the first PCIO degree was awarded to a transfer student; the first PCIO “class,” comprised of one woman and one MD, graduated in February 1900. It was not long before the early graduates formed an alumni association.

Current Job Openings View All