Altru Health System
Altru Health SystemGrand Forks, North Dakota, United States http://www.altru.org
Altru Health System is a non-profit, integrated health system with headquarters on a 90-acre medical campus in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Altru is a 322-bed, Level II Trauma Center with more than 200 physicians representing 44 physician-led specialties. We serve a primary care population of over 225,000 in northeastern North Dakota and northwestern Minnesota.
Teaching & Education Opportunities
- Altru Family Medicine Residency has eight residents, two obstetrics fellows and two sports medicine fellows per program year
- Attain Associate Professor status through the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- The University of North Dakota School of Medicine offers a general surgery residency
Grand Forks is a community of 60,000 residents with an excellent school system, safe neighborhoods, low crime rate, affordable housing and an abundance of cultural and recreational activities.
The University of North Dakota (UND), located in Grand Forks, is one of 47 public universities in the country with both a medical school and an accredited law school. UND is home to one of the top aerospace programs in the world. UND competes in Division I intercollegiate sports and is the home to the 11,700-seat Ralph Engelstad Arena, which is considered the finest college hockey arena in the country.
Mayo Clinic Care Network
As the first member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, Altru’s providers have access to clinically integrated tools extending Mayo Clinic’s knowledge and expertise to patients. Together, we share a common philosophy, commitment and mission to improve the delivery of healthcare through high quality, data driven, evidence-based medical care and treatment.
- About Grand Forks
- University of North Dakota School of Medicine
- Grand Forks Public Schools
- East Grand Forks Public Schools
- Grand Forks International Airport
- Chamber of Commerce
- Grand Forks Parks District
- Northland Community & Technical College
Altru in the news: