Transplant & Hepatobiliary Surgeon needed in IA
Located in West Des Moines
Seeking BE/BC Transplant & Hepatobiliary Surgeon* to Join One of the Largest Physician-Owned and Governed Multi-Specialty Clinics in the Midwest*
Ability to obtain an Iowa state license is required.
Applicant must have completed an ASTS fellowship and be Board Certified by the American Board of Surgery.
- Central Iowas only Transplant Center High transplant rate and shortest wait time in the country
- Perform adult and pediatric kidney transplant surgeries to include transplant nephrectomy, laparoscopic living donor nephrectomy, hepatobiliary surgery, and general surgery in transplant patients
- High volume robotic surgery program to include robotic assisted liver and pancreas cancer surgeries and robotic kidney transplants
- Responsibilities include pre-transplant management and assessment for transplant, post-transplant care, and immunosuppression management
- Opportunities to teach General Surgery residents Participate in strategic planning for continued growth of the program, quality assurance, and performance improvement
- Large referral base within clinic of 270+ multi-specialty providers that serve a population area of 1.3 million
- In 2022, #1 in the state in quality and outcomes according to Wellmark Participate in a multi-group ACO and continue to be significantly below market in total cost of care and ER admission/readmission
- Dedicated Care Team to assist with care gaps, patient outreach, care management, real-time ER and admission monitoring, post discharge follow-up care, and RX support
- Physician Engagement in the 94th percentile per Press Ganeys 2020 Engagement Survey
- Competitive base salary Excellent benefits include: 401 (k) profit sharing retirement plan, paid vacation, optional health, dental, vision, long-term disability, long-term care and term life insurance, and flexible spending accounts
Des Moines is Iowas capital and hub for business and cultural activity with a metro population of over 645,000. Set on the Des Moines River and amongst rolling hills, Des Moines is a picturesque city with something for everyone to enjoy. Boasting short commute times, low cost of living, excellent schools, and a family-friendly environment, Des Moines offers an idyllic work-life balance.Des Moines has been named #1 Best City for High Salary and Low Cost of Living (The Ascent, 2021), #2 Safest Place to Live in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report, 2021), and #2 Best Place to Live in the Midwest (StudyFinds, 2023).