UNC Rex Hospital is seeking a full time Psychiatrist to join its inpatient consult team.
· Rex Psychiatry runs a busy and growing inpatient consult service at UNC Rex Healthcare, an award-winning, private, not-for-profit, ~500-bed member of the UNC Health system, with its flagship UNC Rex Hospital in Raleigh, and recently opened suburban satellite hospital in nearby Holly Springs.
· The service is primarily staffed on weekdays by a core group of hospital-employed psychiatrists, with contractors helping to supplement coverage during staff time off, weekends, holidays, etc.
· Our diverse team of experienced psychiatrists provides both emergency and consult-liaison psychiatry services for ED and admitted patients 8 hours a day, 7 days a week. The consult service interfaces closely with key provider groups (ED, hospitalist, intensivist, subspecialty services, and others) and is supported by case management and behavioral health staff who assist with inpatient psychiatric referrals, aftercare, patient/family education, and policy development and implementation.
· Patients are seen throughout the hospital, including the floors, ICUs, ED, and behavioral health observation unit—a specialized 8-bed, locked wing of the ED with private rooms, open common area, natural light from large windows, and dedicated nursing staff.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
· MD/DO, Board-certified
· Inpatient only
· EMR: Epic
· Experience in consult-liaison psychiatry preferred
· Child and Adolescent trained Psychiatrist welcome
UNC Rex Hospital
Founded in 1894, UNC REX Healthcare (a member of UNC Health Care) is a private, not-for-profit health care system. For over 125 years, UNC REX has met the health care needs of our community by providing various services throughout Wake County. Rex Healthcare has multiple facilities located in Apex, Cary, Garner, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Wakefield, and Raleigh.
About the Community
Raleigh, Wake County, is the capital of the state of North Carolina. It is the second largest city in the state slightly behind Charlotte. The current 2020 population of Raleigh is 1,444,000, a 4.18% increase from 2019. Raleigh is centrally located to the mountains or beach within a couple of hours and hosts all 4 seasons. Living in Raleigh offers residents an urban suburban mix feel. Both the Raleigh-Durham and Research Triangle Park area host firms from technology to biotech and medical industry sized from large Fortune 500 high-tech companies to start ups. Raleigh encompasses beautiful green spaces, family-friendly museums and a growing art and music scene defined monthly gallery walks, summer concerts and music festivals. The schools in Wake County Public School System earn high marks across the board, outperforming school districts across the state and nation in end-of-course and proficiency tests, SAT scores and other performance measuring criteria. Raleigh/Wake County is also a mecca for those seeking higher education.