Healthcare system in outdoor Maine paradise seek 2 BC/BE Pediatricians to join their talented team. Unlimited potential exists for physicians to join our practice as we expand our health centers to serve additional patients and communities. The communities we serve are economically, culturally, and socially inviting.
- Status: Full-time: 5 days per week, including one early evening each week on a rotating basis; Saturday morning hours may be considered in the future.
- Patients: Patient profile is newborn to approximately age 18
- Call: 1 in 3 rotation with infrequent requirement to come into the hospital for pediatric admissions; pediatricians attend all C-sections. PALS certification required, NRP certification highly desirable.
- The practice is one of six primary care offices located in geographically dispersed communities.
- 5 days per week, including one early evening each week on a rotating basis (Health Center offers extended early morning and evening hours two days a week); Saturday morning hours may be considered in the future.
- 3 Obstetricians and 2 Certified Nurse Midwives
- 2 Pediatricians
- The leader of deliveries, north of Bangor Maine, with over 200 deliveries annually
- Anesthesiologist on call at all times
- NICU not available at Medical Center, however a pediatric critical care transport team from Eastern Maine Medical Center with mobile NICU and fixed-wing air transport is readily available
- The practice is conveniently attached to Medical Center with easy internal stairway access to the hospital’s maternal/child unit and Operating Rooms one floor above.
- Group has a telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Generous health and welfare benefits package
- Professional liability insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Licensing, DEA registration, and medical education loan repayment (if applicable).
- Physicians also receive an annual allowance for professional society memberships, subscriptions (print and online), and Continuing Medical Education.
- All of our primary care health centers are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program.
- This is a FQHC facility - visa candidates welcome. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or permanent resident (green) card.
About the Area:
This dynamic community is economically, culturally, and socially inviting. Caribou promotes and aggressively pursues innovative business and economic development, and welcomes, supports and responds to the diversity of new people and new ideas. Caribou prides itself on the high quality of its public school system, extremely low crime rate and family-oriented community activities.
Family ties are strong, self-respect and respect for others is instilled, trust and courtesy are a way of life, and the pace of life is consistent with these ideals. This community celebrates the values and lessons of a multi-cultural heritage that serves as its strength and foundation in a progressive, modern world. The area offers an outstanding environment in which to raise a family. Enjoy breathtaking sunsets on nearby lakes. The ocean is within easy travel distance.
Aroostook County provides great hunting and fishing, as well as a multitude of outdoor activities, including camping, biking, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, snowmobiling and downhill and cross-country skiing. The Maine Winter Sports Center was developed as a premier cross-country skiing venue. The Center has hosted several World Cup, Paralympics and Biathlon World Cup events since 2004. Rural northern Maine enjoys a four-season environment, abundant opportunities for relaxed living, welcoming friendly communities, and a variety of recreational pursuits within minutes (rather than the typical hours). A regional airport is available in nearby Presque Isle.
APPLY NOW or TEXT Job #EC211951 and email address to [Register to View]
Search all of our provider opportunities here: [Register to View] />