Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Adelphi is seeking a medical director to serve as the physician responsible for the overall care and clinical practice
at a facility that provides residential medical and nursing services for developmentally disabled individuals in Conway, Arkansas.
Job Quick Facts:
• Ref #:BD-98-01
• Profession: Physician
• Speciality: Psychiatry/Family Medicine
• Role: Medical Director
• Location: Conway, AR
• Facility Type: Residential facility for developmentally disabled individuals
• Bed Count: 470
• Job Type: Contract
• Coverage Type: Clinical
• Start Date: 9/1/2022
• Contract Length: 1 year (With the possibility of six 1 year term renewals)
• Clinical Schedule: 8.00am - 4.30pm, Min 16 hrs/week
• Population: Children & Adults, 6yrs to 85 yrs, with intellectual/developmental disabilities
• Active AR license
• Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience treating developmentally disabled individuals
• Certification of privileges to practice in a hospital located in Conway, AR.
• Provide medical services to residents/patients.
• Coordinate medical care to guarantee quality.
• Ensure that services are available to help residents attain and maintain their highest practicable level of functioning consistent with regulatory requirements.
• Supervise all clinical activities of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRN).
• Maintain an up-to-date, on-site, and on-call schedule for reference by nursing services and residential services providers at the facility.
• Investigate patient care complaints regarding services rendered by APRNs and other HDC staff.
• Serve as a liaison with medical and non-medical facilities and personnel.
• Provide administrative services required under state laws governing Long Term Care facilities.
• Help the facility identify, evaluate, and address healthcare issues related to the quality of care.
• Ensure staff and facility compliance with Federal and state laws, regulations, and codes.
• Order laboratory analyses, which may include without limitation complete blood count, chemistry profile, antiepileptic drug levels,
urinalysis, thyroid profiles, and other tests as deemed medically necessary, on an annual basis or more often as medically necessary.
• Evaluate all laboratory analyses and prescribe the necessary medical intervention based upon the individual’s condition.
• Conduct admission physicals within twenty-four (24) hours of client admission.
• Refer clients to outside medical and ancillary services as necessary to provide appropriate medical care.
• Participate in determining each client’s Individual Program Plan(IPP) within an interdisciplinary setting.
• Document all treatment provided in the individuals’ medical records (chart), which must be maintained at the facility
and in accordance with all controlling medical standards.
• Maintain communication with in-patient/out-patient medical providers regarding the client’s treatment, progress, and hospital discharge plan.
• Attend and participate in monthly peer review meetings.
• Provide such other medical services as necessary.
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
We staff physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners in locum tenens and permanent positions.