Family Medicine without OB
Job Summary:Our established family medicine residency program is seeking a program director in Blacksburg, Virginia.
- Board certified in family medicine
- 3+ years post-residency clinical experience required
- 3+ years of experience as a faculty member with an accredited residency program preferred
- Program Director or Associate Program Director experience preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Responsibility for the educational content and conduct of the residency program
- Residency training activities include teaching, preceptoring, administration and scholarly activities
- Competitive base salary plus bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package including health/life/dental insurance and matching 401k
- Paid occurrence based malpractice insurance
- Substantial CME and dues allowance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance provided
- Commencement bonus
- Established in 2007
- Supports full complement of 18 residents
- Join the largest provider of GME in the country as part of HCA Healthcare
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery is a fully accredited 146-bed acute care facility
- Level III Trauma Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Among only 5% of all U.S. hospitals to receive Magnet™ status, the nation’s highest recognition of nursing excellence
- LewisGale Regional Health System includes four hospitals, two cancer centers, and six outpatient centers.
- We partner with hundreds of physicians – both independent and employed – who share our common commitment of providing superior, compassionate care and evidence-based medicine. Our network of hospitals consistently ranks among the top in the nation for clinical outcomes and evidence-based clinical processes.
Blacksburg, Virginia is a thriving, vibrant community with highly ranked public schools and universities. Blacksburg is home to Virginia Tech, Corporate Research Center, and the Moss Center for the Arts. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, outdoor activities abound including bike greenways, hiking on the Blue Ridge Parkway, and water sports on Claytor Lake and the New River. Enjoy a low cost of living and the best of all four seasons. Blacksburg has been rated the "Number One Town in the U.S. to Raise Children" by Bloomberg Business and "Best Small Town in the Mid-Atlantic to Practice Medicine" by Medscape. We are within a few hours drive to Richmond, VA, Charlotte, NC, and Washington, DC.