Our mission is simple: to provide quality healthcare to America's veterans through our healing
focus, indebted hearts, and tireless resolve. Valor Healthcare operates more than 50 VA Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs) in
the United States as a contractor for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. Valor provides a
full range of medical services to veterans through the operation of CBOCs, tailored to meet the
specific needs of local VA medical centers. Our comprehensive set of services includes primary
care, diagnostics, laboratory, telehealth, behavioral health, and more.
About Our Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive Plan
- Great Work/Life Balance - No nights/weekends
- Medical Malpractice Coverage
- Limited Call (phone only)
- CME Allowance/Time
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life Insurance/Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Sick Time
- Personal Days
The Clinic Medical Director (CMD) is responsible for all clinical aspects of their individual CBOC. The physician diagnoses and treats diseases and injuries of human internal organ systems and delivers preventive treatment of primary care needs, including chronic disease management, of patients through routine physical examination and testing.
- New grads welcome, clinical medical practice with healthcare management experience preferred; government healthcare environment preferred; specific requirements could vary based on individual VA contract.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine Degree
- Board certified in family practice or internal medicine
- Must be credentialed and remain in good standing through the Veterans Health Administration (VA).
- Valid, unrestricted license in the state of desired employment, or in any U.S. state or territory, depending on VA contractual requirements.
- Current certification in Basic Life Support (must be renewed periodically as specified by the certifying agency ' AHA valid for two years, e.g.) and in ACLS as specified by individual VAMC contract
- Current, unrestricted Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration