Medical Director (MD/DO)
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Medical Director to join our healthcare team at the LAnsing Correctional Facility located in Lansing, Kansas.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Medical Director
- License to practice medicine in the state of employment
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Board-certified or board eligible in primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, surgery) required
Job Summary of the Corizon Health Medical Director
Corizon Health Medical Directors serve as the responsible Physician and health authority within our medical units. Medical Directors provide overall supervision for clinical services for the site as well as serve as liaison for clinical matters with medical providers outside the system and are available to provide on-call services as needed.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Medical Director
- Serve as Chairman of the Medical Audit Committee.
- Consult with medical providers in the community to resolve issues in delivering services to inmates.
- Supervise the clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Annually review and approve clinical protocols, policies and procedures, and medical disaster plan.
- Provide direction and assistance to the on-site quality assurance program including review and action on inmate complaints, and infection control.
- Monitor referrals to outside healthcare facilities for appropriateness, quality, and continuity of care.
- Sponsor Physician Assistants in compliance with the state law for correctional facilities. Serve as a professional resource for all Physicians working at the facility(s).
- Assist in screening, interviewing and evaluating credentials of healthcare providers.
- Serve as discussion leader for selected in-service training classes. Represent the healthcare program in discussions with local civic groups or visiting officials. As requested, attend medical director's meetings at the Corizon Health central office.
- Attend Pharmacy Therapeutic Committee meetings (and other meetings, as required).
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Medical Director
- 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
- No weekends or evenings
- Minimal on-call
- No overhead
- Medical & Dental
- Company matched retirement plan
- Continuing Medical Education allowance
- Paid malpractice
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.
Free Unlimited Job Searches, Free Alerts When New Jobs Posted, Free Confidentiality Option, Easy and Quick Registration