Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Urologist, for an academic medical center and integrated healthcare delivery system. The Urologist will perform the appropriate assessments and treatments of all patients. The Urologist will be responsible for providing urology services in an inpatient setting and a variety of ambulatory settings. The Urologist will provide outreach in the community to promote urological services.
- Responsible for providing urology services in both inpatient and a variety of ambulatory settings.
- Perform appropriate assessments and treatment of all patients, in accordance with applicable clinical pathways and protocols, and using the most current evidence-based standards of care.
- Provide timely and accurate consult with 24 hours of the order.
- Promote collaboration with primary care physicians, surgeons and radiation oncologists in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Demonstrate ability to develop a Faculty Practice in the community.
- Work to support the hospital mission by sharing rotation working in the ambulatory clinic.
- Work to support the Center s Level I Adult & Level II Pediatric Trauma Program by rotating on-call coverage.
- Adhere to established quality standards and regularly reviews quality metrics for service line and self and provide corrective action for failing metrics.
- Provide outreach in the community to promote urological services.
- Utilize all electronic medical records to the fullest. Must demonstrate proficiency.
- Comply with all the insurance plan guidelines accepted by the Medical Center.
- Ensure the timely billing and locking of charts. Performance is reviewed weekly.
- Attend all meetings at the request of the Chairman of Surgery.
- Provide education to residents and medical students.
- Ensure customer satisfaction for all patients, physician and staff.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Urology
- Current New York State License
- Graduate of Accredited Medical College
- Graduate of Fellowship Program
- Ability to perform robotic & general surgery, ESWL
- Ability to work in a variety of ambulatory settings