Optum is looking for a Full-Time Urgent Care Nocturnist to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. The clinicians we seek are those who practice medicine with a focus on patient care, not volume. We want our clinicians to take the time needed to truly address the patient’s needs.
Optum offers competitive pay with financial incentives for yielding strong metrics on quality care while seeing a lower than average census. We provide our clinicians an excellent benefits package which includes leadership pathways, CME reimbursement, paid license renewals, and many other benefits, charitable sponsorships, and volunteer opportunities.
If you’re looking to join a physician-led community that is making a difference in healthcare, Optum is the place for you. Our initial on-line application process will take you less than two minutes to complete!
- Work out of our Downtown LA Urgent Care clinic that is open 24-hours/365 days per year
- Avg patient census 1-2 per hour
- Three 12 hour shifts per week - all nocturnist shifts (12-hour shifts only)
- Competitive base pay with additional pay differentials
- Treat patients of all ages, peds to geriatric
- New grads welcome to apply!
- Unrestricted CA Medical License
- Current CA DEA certificate required prior to start date
- ACLS and PALS certification
- Family Medicine or Emergency Medicine trained candidates from an ACGME accredited program
- Must be open and comfortable working evening, overnight or weekend shifts
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
- Previous Urgent Care/Emergency Care experience
- Spanish fluency
- Robust Benefits Package and Bonuses
- Patient panel bonuses & other bonuses based on quality metrics
- Leadership Pathways and Partnership
- Dedicated support staff such as nurses and medical assistants
- CME Reimbursement and Related Time Off
- Paid License Renewals
- Malpractice Coverage
- Advanced EMR system in place
- Employee Wellness Program
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Optum is a physician-led, close-knit team that has been long-respected in Southern California. We are passionate about patients. We are leading the state of California toward better healthcare practices. And we are looking for amazing doctors like you.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. Optum brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high-performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. (SM)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.