We are looking for an Urgent Care Physician to provide healthcare services to the New Bedford/Wareham community at our growing out-patient community health center. Join an excellent staff of professionals at our clinic and enjoy a peaceful and beautiful community close to Boston and other attractions! This position offers a great compensation package including salary, benefits and loan repayment.
- Responsible for conducting physical assessments and screenings to include various diagnostic testing as needed. Responsible for interpreting the results and providing feedback to patient and/or designated family member.
- Responsible for prescribing/performing various treatment modalities - including, but not limited to: medications, injections, wellness counseling, and ancillary testing.
- Responsible for development, implementation and evaluation of treatment plans.
- Consults and collaborates with a variety of health care professionals and makes referrals as necessary.
- Monitors and ensures patient satisfaction by seeking input from the patient satisfaction surveys performed by the Health Center.
- Performs minor surgical procedures including suturing, lacerations, incision and drainage, excision of nails, and joint aspirations.
- Provides interpretation of X-rays and lab reports.
- Attends to minor orthopedic problems such sprains and/or fractures on patients including splintering as needed.
- Maintains accurate, legible, timely documentation of patient encounters.
- Serves on and actively participates as a member on committees as assigned. Attends a variety of meetings, discussions, conferences, seminars, and workshops, both within and outside the organization as applicable. Maintains certification in compliance with current State law.
- Able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to manage and provide the care appropriate to the ages of patients served on his/her assigned practice setting. Incumbent must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data relative to the patients status in addition to being able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient=s requirement relative to his/her specific age. Additionally, incumbent must be able to provide the care needed as described in the patients policies and procedures.
- Competitive Salary
- Great Insurance Package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Loan Repayment
- CME Expenses
- Retirement Matching