ProHealth Physicians, part of Optum - A UnitedHealth Group Company
If you want to get way ahead in your career, it makes sense to be with an organization's that's way ahead of the curve. Formed in 1997, ProHealth Physicians has grown to become Connecticut’s leading primary care physician organization. With over 90 locations throughout the state of Connecticut, our family of primary care doctors and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. In fact, ProHealth serves every county and provides roughly ten percent of the primary care delivered to patients in the state. We're leaders in thinking and in serving our communities. For instance, we're a C.M.S. approved Accountable Care Organization (ACO), covering over 30,000 Medicare patients associated with our community-based primary care providers. We're also nationally recognized as a NCQA Level III Medical Home. That kind of progressive leadership makes us perfect fit for OptumCare and UnitedHealth Group's expanding family of providers. This is a place where you can stay way ahead as you do your life's best work.(sm)
ProHealth Physicians Imaging has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented Radiographer to join our team. The Radiology Tech supports the Imaging team and its patients by providing quality Radiologic exams by following established standards and practices. Provide superior patient care while ensuring radiation doses are kept to a minimum using the ALARA principle. Optimize exposure for the given clinical task and patient group using dose reduction tools where appropriate. Must have sound knowledge of techniques and patient positioning for patients’ age birth to geriatrics.
This position is located in Farmington, CT.
Hours are: Monday-Friday 5pm-9pm; Saturday 9am-5pm; Sunday 10am-2pm
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust and loyalty
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients for their Radiology exam by collecting and recording (as applicable)
- Review all patient orders fro appropriate demographics and coding
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines
- Document pertinent patient information for our Radiologists and Bone Densitometrists
- Create and review your daily patient log for productivity and billing purposes
- Use the CoActiv Picture Archive & Communication system (PACS) for reviewing images and reports
- Review all of the Imaging reports for accuracy and contact the Radiology group for any necessary addendums
- Prepare and maintain equipment to follow our quality maintenance program. Follow ProHealth Physicians Imaging QI policies which include our report timeliness and completeness, productivity reporting, patient satisfaction surveys, and record keeping policies
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA, ACR, and ARRT regulations and ProHealth policies
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform cardiac monitor testing (training for holter and wireless event monitoring)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited program for professional Radiologic Technology
- Current ARRT registration and CT license
- One year experience as a Radiographic Technoligist
- Must maintain your continuous medical education credits for your Radiography registration
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Three years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist
- Experience working on electronic health records
- Bone Densitometry Certification
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Radiographer, Farmington, CT, Connecticut, Imaging