Orthopedic Trauma Surgery Opportunity - Salem, VA (Family Friendly, 4-Season Outdoor Recreation, Culturally Invigorating)Job Summary
Lewis Gale Medical Center in Salem, Virginia is seeking an orthopedic trauma surgeon.
- Orthopedic trauma fellowship training required
- Three or more years' experience required
- Experience building a trauma program is a plus
- Must be board certified within five years of completing training
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- General orthopedics required while trauma program builds
- Impressive base salary plus bonuses
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance and 401k with generous match
- Paid malpractice insurance
- Substantial CME and dues allowance
- Relocation assistance provided
About Lewis Gale Medical Center and Lewis Gale Regional Health System
- Hospital is seeking Level II trauma designation
- Eight physicians and 12 PAs in practice
- 506-bed tertiary facility for specialized care in the Lewis Gale Regional Health System
- Regional leader in utilizing the latest imaging, surgical and medical technology
- Accredited Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- The system includes four hospitals, two cancer centers and six outpatient centers that are committed to providing superior, compassionate care
- Our network of hospitals consistently ranks among the top in the nation for clinical outcomes and evidence-based clinical processes
As a place to live and play, the southwest region of Virginia has it all with a comfortable climate and the best of all four seasons. For the second year in a row, Roanoke has been ranked the "Top Adventure Town" by Blue Ridge Outdoors Magazine, edging out Asheville and Chattanooga for the win. Roanoke's 'innovation corridor' has become a hub for tech-forward industries such as healthcare, technology and advanced manufacturing. Our scenic beauty offers opportunity to balance work with recreation. Whether it is enjoying the arts and culture, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, water sports on Smith Mountain Lake, or biking in the nation's 2nd largest municipal park. With nationally recognized colleges and universities within 30 minutes, including Virginia Tech and Radford University, the area continues to attract innovative companies to our talent-rich and business-friendly environment. Conveniently located, the area offers easy drives to Washington, DC, Charlotte, NC and Richmond, VA.
Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you have an interest in this location/opportunity and I'll facilitate getting you additional information.