- Iowa Methodist Medical Center 386 adult bed ACS-verified Level 1 Trauma Center and Blank Children's Hospital 90 bed ACS-verified Level 2 Trauma Center
- 1700 admissions annually (5% penetrating trauma)
- Acute Care surgery model
- Surgery Department consists of four trauma surgeons, five general surgeons, three colorectal surgeons, one surgical oncologist, and two transplant/hepatobiliary surgeons - hiring to replace retired trauma surgeon
- General Surgery residency program; 100% Board pass rate
- Trauma Surgeons participate in clinical research and are active in education and outreach
- 1:5 in-house call
- Physically attached hospitals with common Emergency Department/Resuscitation room; new Emergency Department and Trauma rooms
- In 2017 and 2018, achieved a perfect 100% MIPS score; in 2018, ranked as the #1 lowest beneficiary cost ACO in the country
- Physician Engagement in the 94th percentile per Press Ganey’s 2020 Engagement Survey
- Among Wellmark's 18 Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), we are in the top three in the state in terms of Wellmark's Value Index Score (VIS), a measure of quality and outcomes
- Large referral base of over 260 multi-specialty physicians and providers
- External referral base that includes 1.3 million
- Excellent payor mix
- Income guarantee and shareholder track
- Excellent benefits include: 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan, optional health, dental, vision, long-term disability, long-term care and term life insurance, and flexible spending accounts
Why Choose Des Moines, Iowa?
As a state, Iowa has been recognized as #1 Best State to Practice Medicine (WalletHub, 2017 & MDLinx, 2018), #1 Physicians’ Top Places to Live and Work (Physicians Thrive, 2017), and #1 Best State to Live in America (U.S. News & World Report, 2018).
Des Moines is Iowa's capital and hub for business and cultural activity with a metro population of over 645,000. Set on the Des Moines River and amongst rolling hills, Des Moines is a picturesque city with something for everyone to enjoy. Boasting short commute times, low cost of living, excellent schools, and a family-friendly environment, Des Moines offers an idyllic work-life balance. Des Moines has been named #1 Best Places to Live in the Midwest (U.S. News & World Report, 2018), #1 Best City for Young Professionals (Forbes, 2014), and #1 Best Affordable Place to Live in the U.S. (U.S. News & World Report, 2017).
Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you have an interest in this opportunity and I'll facilitate getting you additional information.
PPR Search Consultant [Register to View] [Register to View]