This opportunity offers an experienced surgical candidate the ability to join a growing team and program in central Pennsylvania. This position involves direct and indirect surgical patient care. The ideal candidate will bring five to eight years’ experience working in transplant surgery at a UNOS-approved transplant program.
This surgeon will collaborate and coordinate the care of transplant patients and living donor patients with transplant staff, referring physicians and primary care physicians. The Transplant Surgeon provides direct care to patients throughout the transplant continuum and functions in a leadership role for the department.
As a valued member of the team, the Transplant Surgeon will work closely with the Transplant Administrator and Program Director, to identify and achieve goals of the Department.
- Performs transplant surgery, general surgery, patient management (inpatient and outpatient basis) in addition to transplant consultations on inpatients within the health system
- Develops an outpatient practice in general surgery
- Provides on-call coverage to the Transplant Program, with night and weekend call on a rotating basis with other transplant physicians
- Performs deceased donor organ procurement surgeries for patients awaiting transplant
- Assists in quality assurance activities in relation to transplant care. Provide teaching and supervision of residents
- Supports the Director of Transplant Services in the financial management of the practice including, but not limited to charging and diagnoses appropriate to the level of care provided
- Develops strong, supportive, and collaborative relationships with referring physicians
- Promotes goals of UPMC Pinnacle and is a positive representative of the health system
- Board-certified in General Surgery
- Completed an American Society of Transplantation Fellowship Program
- Prefer minimum five to eight years' experience working in transplant surgery at a UNOS-approved transplant program.
- This is a full-time, salaried position which rotates weekly coverage of the in-patient service including on-call responsibilities.
- Competitive base salary plus incentive bonus based on quality goals
- Health, life and disability insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Defined contribution plan; 403(b) plan with employer match
- Professional dues
- CME time
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Relocation Allowance
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams and parts of Snyder counties.
About South Central Pennsylvania
- Features both rural and suburban living and boasts an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. Close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey’s Chocolate World.
- Offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania’s top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20 percent of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes — a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia — it’s a great place to grow a career and family.
Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you have an interest in this opportunity and I'll facilitate getting you additional information.
PPR Search Consultant [Register to View] [Register to View]