Thoracic Surgery Opportunity - Harrisburg, PA (American History, Voted best places to live, State Capital)
UPMC Pinnacle is seeking a board certified/board eligible Thoracic Surgeon to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate should have skills and experience in surgery for both malignant and benign thoracic processes, including the full spectrum of pulmonary, esophageal, mediastinal and chest wall disease. Also, they should have experience in minimally invasive thoracic surgery (VATS) with robotic expertise.
• Strong referral base including Medical Oncology, Cardiology, Pulmonary, Gastroenterology, Interventional Radiology and General Surgery
• Access to state of the art technology such as Da Vinci Robot Xi, navigational bronchoscopy, endobronchial suite
• Opportunity to teach residents, medical students and advanced practice providers
• Practice located in a new, modern and aesthetically pleasing suite
• System-wide EPIC EMR
• Highly competitive salary with incentive bonus plus a rich benefits package including malpractice coverage and retirement plan. A relocation allowance is also provided.
About UPMC Pinnacle
UPMC Pinnacle is a nationally recognized leader in providing high-quality, patient-centered health care services in central Pennsylvania and surrounding rural communities. The not-for-profit system cares for more than 1.2 million area residents yearly, providing life-saving emergency care, essential primary care and leading-edge diagnostic services. The UPMC Pinnacle health system includes seven acute care hospitals with 1,161 licensed beds, over 160 outpatient clinics and ancillary facilities, more than 2,900 physicians and allied health professionals, and approximately 11,000 employees. It is a health care hub serving Dauphin, Cumberland, Perry, York, Lancaster, Lebanon, Juniata, Franklin, Adams, and parts of Snyder counties.
About Our Community
South central Pennsylvania offers endless possibilities: city excitement, rural respite, and suburban family life and community can all be found here. Enjoy excellent work-life balance with easy commutes to work. In addition to fabulous dining, we offer an abundance of sports, arts, cultural events, and entertainment. We are close to historically significant areas such as Gettysburg and world-famous Hershey Park and Hershey’s Chocolate World.
The area offers top-rated public schools, blue-ribbon private schools, and some of Pennsylvania’s top colleges and universities. Area school districts are consistently ranked in the top 20% of Pennsylvania. With affordable homes—a composite cost of living index of 99.7, compared to 126.5 in Philadelphia—it’s a great place to grow a career and family.
Listed among “America’s Most Livable Cities,” and ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Cities to Live,” we are a two to three hour drive from New York City, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
• Board Certified/Board Eligible in Thoracic Surgery
• Able to provide surgical case log indicating active current experience
• Team oriented with ability to work and interact with residents, fellow physicians and administration, as well as provide high-quality, compassionate care to patients
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC's Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life & emdash; because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community.
Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you have an interest in this location/opportunity and I'll facilitate getting you additional information.
PPR Search Consultant [Register to View]
[Register to View]