**Thoracic Surgery Opportunity: Watertown, NY**
~ Located 70m to Syracuse, 50m to Canadian border
*For purpose of succession planning, Medical Center seeks a Thoracic Surgeon to replace a solo surgeon who will phase out practice to full retirement*
- Full-time, Permanent
- Treat all facets of esophageal and thoracic disease with emphasis on treatments and management of lung cancer using conventional as well as minimally invasive approaches
- Serving one hospital, emergency call is open to discussion
- Join a well-organized office shared with pulmonary medicine physicians
- Office conveniently located with a 5-minute drive to hospital campus
- Catchment population: 250,000
- Large network of providers offers a strong referral base
- Serving the military men and women from nearby Fort Drum, home to the 10th Mountain Army Division
- Operating Rooms were newly constructed in 2010
- Established robotic surgery program, upgraded to da Vinci Xi, and Monarch robotic bronchoscopy system
- Teaching opportunities are extended with accredited ACGME/AOA family medicine and internal medicine residency training programs
- A very appreciative patient population offers a professionally rewarding career
- Demographics of the Watertown area, along with a relatively untapped market of Northern New York State, make this a solid opportunity to build a busy and well-sustained thoracic surgery service line
- 565K Annual Base Salary, plus WRVU Incentive Program - 9064/$60, 4-year Contract
- 50K Signing Bonus
- 20K Annual Educational Loan Repayment
- 10K Relocation Reimbursement
- 3K Annual Continuing Education Stipend, plus 5 Paid Days Off
- Twenty-nine (29) days paid time off
- Health insurance, individual or family, 80% paid
- Occurrence medical liability insurance; 1.3 Million each/3.9 million aggregate
- 401k and 403b financial planning option; Employer pension plan contribution
- NYS medical license and DEA registration paid
- Holds Board Certification with the American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Successful surgeon with five (5) to ten (10) years of experience
- Values patient-centered care and has desire to work within a team model
- Demonstrates top-notch interpersonal skills in addition to excellent clinical skills
- Able to provide surgical case log indicating active current experience
- Enthusiastic and motivated to build a thoracic surgical service line with superb outcomes
- Watertown, itself, is a small city with big city amenities.
- Outside city limits, the area opens to large tracts of land offering rural or semi-rural living options.
- One can embrace open space, fresh air, pure water, organic living and Mother Nature at her Best.
- Watertown offers close proximity to Lake Ontario, the St. Lawrence River 1000 Islands regions, Adirondack Mountains and showcases an abundance of options for recreational activities.
- There is ease of access to urban areas and a 40-minute drive takes one to the Canadian border crossing.
- A nearby airport provides American Airline connections via small jet services, as well as opportunity for recreational aviation.
- The four seasons provide a wide range of diversity for ones wardrobe as well as a wide range of activities for the outdoor enthusiast.
- This is a safe location, with an outstanding educational system, offering affordable housing and concludes that this is a great place for family living.etc.
**About the Hospital**
- 290-hospital beds; medical staff of 180 physicians representing 42 specialties
- Largest community-based hospital in Northern New York
- Committed to meeting the healthcare needs of the residents living in Northern New York
- Newly constructed (2018) Walker Center for Cancer Care a state of the art comprehensive cancer center, soon to affiliate with Roswell Park Care Network
- Newly added hospital wing for obstetrical and childrens inpatient care (2019)
- Construction for new service line: Womens Wellness and Breast Care outpatient services (2019)
- Not-for profit, not affiliated with larger system, financially stable
- Committed to providing outstanding patient care and support