This job is archived
Incredible Senior Faculty Chief of Plastic Surgery Opportunity
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Surgery
New Surgery Chair—New Direction—Exciting Things
Your Position—Are you ready to make a life changing decision?
The Department of Surgery at the University of Missouri-Columbia is seeking a senior faculty surgeon to serve as Chief of Plastic Surgery.
The Division Chief is responsible for the continued development and successful growth of clinical, research, and teaching activities of the Division. A specific interest or advanced fellowship training in minimally invasive procedures is preferred.
The qualified candidate must have completed a residency training in an accredited plastic surgery training program and be board-certified or board-eligible through the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Additional subspecialty fellowship training in Plastic Surgery will be beneficial. Candidates must have excellent clinical skills and a strong interest and accomplished record in research, academics, and innovation. The position can be constructed to allow protected research time and support.
A demonstrated interest in teaching is also required. The recruited surgeon will be a full-time faculty member of the University of Missouri School of Medicine and contribute to the education of both medical students and plastic surgery residents. Applications from minorities and women are encouraged.
The Plastic Surgery Residency Program was established in the early 70’s and was one of the five original integrated residency programs approved in 1995. It has enjoyed continuous accreditation since inception. The Division of Plastic Surgery is a closely knit group with 10 outstanding residents and experienced staff and nurses which makes for a very efficient and enjoyable work experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Subspecialty fellowship training in plastic surgery will be beneficial. Compensation and Benefits:
- 8% Matching Retirement Fund
- Total employee + employer contribution at max match 8% + 8%=16%
- Moving Allowance
- 1 week of holidays
- Health insurance for physician and family
- Reduction in tuition cost for your children who attend MU
Your Money Goes Much Further in Mid-Missouri
Missouri offers low state taxes, vibrant communities, and award-winning state parks, among other advantages. UM System campuses are located in cities that offer a lower cost of living than many other metropolitan areas--meaning you can pay less for day-to-day expenses and entertainment.
- 66% less than New York, NY (Manhattan)
- 59% less than San Francisco, CA
- 46% less than Los Angeles, CA
- 39% less than Chicago, IL
- 27% less than Denver, CO
- 21% less than Atlanta, GA
- 15% less than Dallas, TX
Your Community—Best Small City in America
Columbia, MO is a fantastic place to raise a family, start a new career or simply settle down and enjoy the finer things in life. Whether you are single or ready to start a family this city has it all. Columbia has gained national acclaim as one of the best places for … well, nearly everything! Take a moment and see what this well-kept secret has to offer! If these facts, don’t convince you that Columbia, MO is one of the best places to live, I doubt if anything will.
- Ranked as high as 2nd by Money Magazine – Best Places to Live In The US
- Thriving economy built on education, medicine, technology and insurance
- 20% population increase over the past 10 years and still growing strong
- Immediate access to multiple NFL, MLB and NCAA sporting events
- Forbes – 13th Smartest City in America
- Forbes – 8th Best College Sports Town in America
- Forbes – 8th Best Place for Business and Careers
- Parade Magazine – America’s Hardest Working Town
- Under30CEO – 2nd Best City for Young Entrepreneurs
- 8th Best City for College Students – American Institute for Economic Research
- Midway between St. Louis and Kansas City
- Lower crime rate
- Lower unemployment rate – 3% and dropping
- Lower cost of living – 5% below the national average
- Lower commute times for work
- Fantastic public school
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact me or send your CV. If this job doesn't perfectly match your practice preferences, please let me know exactly what you're looking for. I am representing other Surgery opportunities within this organization.
I’ll answer all of your questions so you can decide if this job is right for you.