This job is archived
- Hospital (186 beds) has an ambulatory surgical center right across the street.
- Need is for a general surgeon to do bread and butter surgery because a surgeon in the community will be leaving soon.
- Right now they only have a colorectal surgeon.
- Call is shared with surgeons in the community, a minimum of 1:3 but could be 1:4
- Hospital call would be no more than 10 days a month.
- Their offices are open Monday through Friday, mostly 8 - 5, but a few of the physicians keep later hours on Wednesday and Thursday to accommodate their patients.
- Surgeons have recurring block time each week and select office hours each week.
- MGMA median range salary plus benefits, depending on experience
- Sign/start bonus, relocation, very good pension plan
- Partnership track opportunity with small buy in
- Very congenial offices and experienced staff
- They have 6 satellite offices - referrals will come from within but they also get many from community physicians as well.
- The surgeon would work at the main offices.
- This is a community of 35k but they service an area of about 150k.
- Holiday Valley Ski/Golf resort is just 35 minutes away but there is much to do year round there.