This job is archived
The U.S. Army Medical Department needs you!
Use your skills and provide your experience as a Reservist (part-time). As a General Surgeon on the U.S. Army health care team, you’ll be at the forefront of medical innovation in a wide range of surgical procedures. From groundbreaking work in regenerative medicine to the development of 3-D anatomical models to aid in surgical pre- and post-op planning. The surgical advancements being pioneered right now by the U.S. Army Medical Department are improving outcomes for their patients and changing the practice of medicine. As part of the U.S. Army Medical Corps, you may conduct research, participate in graduate medical education, perform special functions in health support, conduct and supervise patient care and health promotion programs and examine, diagnose and treat patients requiring surgery. Additionally when you join the Army Medical Corps, you’ll be making a difference in the lives of our Soldiers and the country at large while gaining access to invaluable opportunities like supporting humanitarian missions and leadership training.
Army Reserve (Part-time)
- Loan Repayment: Receive $250,000 in student loan repayment in $40,000 annual payments to qualifying federal student loans paid directly to the lending institution through the Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP).
- Incentive Pay: $75,000 paid annually for 2, 3, or 4 years. Must have completed a residency program in your specialty.
- Specialized Training Assistance: Monthly stipend while enrolled in an accredited residency program. Recipients must be a U.S. citizen and will serve in the Army Reserve after completing residency.
- Insurance: Low cost comprehensive healthcare and dental plans for you and your family.
- Travel opportunities, to include humanitarian missions.
- Flexible retirement plan for 20 years of service.