This progressive, independent, critical access hospital is looking for a part-time general surgeon to join its surgical team that includes an anesthesiologist. This 9-year new facility boasts a beautiful, large surgical suite with pre-op and post-op areas built to accommodate video and fiber-optic technology to perform minimally invasive surgery as well as a Gastrointestinal Lab and Infusion Services Room.
- Supported by superior staff and premier ancillary services
- Hospitalist Program
- Reasonable call rotation
This quaint river town, rich in historical heritage, sits along the bluffs of the majestic Missouri River in northeast Kansas. With a population of about 11,000 people, Atchison maintains a friendly, community-oriented atmosphere with an array of diverse culture, thriving commerce, and exciting entertainment. Atchison is close to large town amenities, but has the small-town character.
- Quick scenic drive to St. Joseph, MO, Kansas City, MO, Lawrence, KS and Topeka, KS.
- Many educational opportunities including a public school, K through 12 Catholic School, K-8 Lutheran School, vibrant home schooling community, and 4-year College.
- Multiple city parks, local theatre community, art gallery, new movie theater, recreation commission and YMCA.
- Like Sports? 60 minutes from Sporting KC soccer games, and Nascar. Under 90 minutes to Royals major league baseball and NFL Chiefs games.
- Like to travel? 45 minutes to Kansas City International Airport
- Thriving, growing businesses in town looking to expand
- Job opportunities for significant other
- Willing to accommodate a flexible work schedule allowing a work life balance
- Health, Rx, dental, vision, long-term disability, short-term disability, life, Flexible Spending Accounts, voluntary benefits, YMCA membership and malpractice insurance
- 401(k) and 457(b) retirement plans
- Relocation assistance
- Annual CME allowance
- Graduate from an accredited School of Medicine or School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Surgery
- BLS and ACLS
- Current DEA #
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine