Title: General Surgeon (Critical Care/Trauma)
Location: New York City, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Hiring a Surgeon to develop a Faculty Based Surgery Practice with Level 1 Trauma Center in New York City. Seeking to hire a Surgeon who is fellowship trained in general surgery with a specialization in critical care and trauma surgery to join a busy Trauma Center. Be part of an ACGME fully accredited teaching hospital with rotating university-based Surgical Residents at all levels. A very competitive compensation and benefits package is offered with this hospital employed position. All inquiries and conversations are kept strictly confidential.
- Responsible for providing trauma, surgical critical care, and acute care surgery coverage.
- Hospital Employed Position
- Busy Large Level I Trauma Medical Center
- Develop a faculty-based Surgery Practice
- Academic Appointment
- Provide shared critical care coverage for the SICU, In-House Trauma Call as well as clinic staffing.
- MD or DO
- Board certified or eligible in general surgery
- Must have an active or be eligible to obtain a NYS license
- Fellowship training in surgical critical care or trauma
- Specialization in critical care and trauma surgery
- Record of teaching and research experience
- Demonstrated skills in emergency surgery, surgical critical care, trauma and/or burn patient care