This job is archived
General Surgery Program Director (SA197280) Orange Park, Florida
This North Florida Medical Center is seeking a General Surgery Program Director to lead the hospital in the development and implementation of a new General Surgery Residency Program. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated leader to have input on building a program from the ground up.
• Must be Board Certified in General Surgery
• Must have a minimum of five years of experience as a Program Director or Associate Director
• Must have previous leadership/administrative experience
• Must be willing to combine administrative and diagnostic (teaching) responsibilities (50/50)
• Must have strong administrative and team building skills
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Responsibilities will include:
• Authority and accountability for the operation of the General Surgery residency program
• Development of curriculum, policies, and procedures for the program
• Obtaining and maintaining ACGME accreditation and state approval
• Recruiting residents into the program and developing evaluation process for performance
• Participating in competency evaluations of residents
• Additional responsibilities to ensure program of excellence
Founded in 1974, the Medical Center has grown from a small community hospital to a top healthcare provider in northeast Florida. We are a full-service, acute-care hospital with 317 inpatient beds located in the heart of the community, providing medical care to Clay County and surrounding communities.
With a population of 1.3 million people, a low cost of living, high quality of life and wonderful climate, our region is one of the few places in the United States that is experiencing a growing population of young professionals; and trailing spouses are in luck because Forbes ranked Jacksonville in the "Top 10 Best U.S. Cities to Find a Job." Jacksonville was ranked in the top 10 of Mobility magazine’s "Best Cities for Relocating Families." Families are able to choose from a variety of top-ranked K - 12 schools and excellent colleges and universities for their children. Northeast Florida is known for its outdoor recreation opportunities, featuring 90 miles of beaches along the Atlantic Ocean and the majestic St. Johns River. A short drive southeast from Memorial Hospital is Ponte Vedra Beach, home of the PGA Tour and The Players Championship (TPC) which are played at TPC Sawgrass, home of the famous 17th-hole island green. Here you will also find elegant shopping and fine dining as well as some of the highest sand dunes in Florida! Top rated beach clubs from the Lodge and Club to the Cabana Club make living here fun and exciting. Enjoy playing golf, playing tennis or other popular sports such as wakeboarding, surfing, waterskiing and boating. Another short drive northeast from Memorial Hospital is Amelia Island. This was Florida’s first luxury tourist destination. Amelia Island is named among the top 10 North American islands by Conde Nast Traveler’s Reader’s Choice Awards for seven consecutive years and is also recognized as a Top 25 Island in the World!