Job Summary:Centerpoint Medical Center is assisting a well-established, local practice in the search for a general surgeon to join their team in a Kansas City, Missouri suburb.
- Board-eligible or board-certified in general surgery
- 1+ year of practice experience preferred but new graduates are encouraged to apply
- Bread and butter general surgery, with interest in breast surgery
- Call expectations of 1:3 for group call and 1:7 for ED trauma call
- Robotics available
- Interest in taking trauma call at a level 2 trauma center
- Ability to obtain Missouri medical license
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Sign on bonus & relocation assistance available
- Partnership opportunity
- Collegial, supportive group culture
- Stable practice as a group is part of a large physician-owned multi-specialty medical group
- Centerpoint Medical Center features 285+ private rooms, 440+ physicians on medical staff, a strong complement of subspecialists, and 1300+ staff.
- Centerpoint Medical Center is unlike any other hospital in eastern Jackson County. Our campus includes the latest healthcare technology and offers innovative programs and services for patients and their families.
- The medical center offers high-tech care in a beautiful, comfortable setting designed to exceed the expectations of those we serve.
- Hospital & ER features include the only Level II Trauma Center in eastern Jackson County; an accredited chest pain center and variety of cardiovascular services; orthopedic services including total joint and sports medicine; stroke center with Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Certification; women’s services; among many others.
The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people as well as home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others. KCI Airport features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. For the food enthusiast—KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now.