**General Surgery opening in Madison, KY**
~ Located 49 miles from Louisville, KY; 70 miles from Cincinnati
~ Service area of 35,000
- Full time, permanent opening
- Join 2 other surgeons
- Bread and Butter position
- No major trauma
- Requires both inpatient and outpatient service with call
- Office nursing staff goes to the OR, and takes call, with the surgeons
- We have a Certified First Assist in the OR with the surgeons
- Board Certified or Board eligible/ ACLS Certified
- Prefer Practice experience - but will consider new graduate candidates
- Four-Day work week
- Call 1:3; average is 1-2 consults a day most admitted to Hospitalist Team, average 1-2 after hours cases a week, 8-10 elective cases per week, ER/Floor consults varies but not very busy
- We have 25 primary care providers spread across eight locations
- Often describe the practice as a two and a half person operation, but we maintain 3 FTEs to provide call coverage and reasonable quality of life
- Have employed various call calendar methodologies and there is flexibility/openness to working together
- Most tenured GS retired last year; willing to do occasional weekend call / PRN
- Bonus Compensation for RVUs in excess of agreed threshold
- We have 5 ORs and one cysto room we run 4 every day and hold one for OB
- Glide scope in every room
- Compensation: $380k base (1-year guarantee) + $58/RVU
- Sign on bonus of $100,000
- Loan assistance negotiable
- Vacation: 4 weeks for the first 3 years & 5 weeks thereafter
- Relocation: Up to $10,000
- Our 86-bed acute care facility is located on 96 acres in beautiful Madison, Indiana. Healthcare group also maintains a comprehensive Rehabilitation Center, a fully accredited Cancer Treatment Center with both medical and radiation oncology, and home health and hospice programs. Group operates physician offices in Madison, Hanover, Versailles and Vevay, Indiana, along with facilities in Carrollton and Milton, Kentucky.
- Healthcare Group provides you with an opportunity to join an outstanding organization that has earned numerous state and national quality awards.
Successful candidates must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong clinical skills, as well as excellent training.
Situated on the banks of the Ohio River in southeast Indiana, Madison boasts scenic beauty, a vibrant downtown that includes 133 blocks on the National Historic Register, boating and water activities, and a state park. Madison residents enjoy a high quality of life with the benefits of small-town living. Located within an hour of Louisville, Kentucky, and two hours of both Cincinnati and Indianapolis, Madison also offers local residents easy access to the arts, music, extensive shopping and travel.