- 257-bed acute care Facility
- Level II ACS Trauma Verified
- 12 hr primary in-house coverage, plus 12 hr secondary call from home with 15 min response (rarity)
- All cases come through the ED
- Total trauma admits in 2016: 830
- Total trauma alerts in 2016: 768 (168 were Level I)
Trauma Surgeon Criteria:
- Board Certified Trauma/Surgical Critical Care
- ATLS Required
- Willingness to work at on-site clinic for post-op follow up visit (Wednesday afternoons)
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Competitive Income Potential Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow up clinic support and more
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is an affiliate of HCA, the nation’s largest healthcare network with more than 163 is the only full service acute care hospital in the Tri-County area. FWBMC ranks among the top 5% in the nation in Spine Surgery and General Surgery, ranks 4th in the nation as “Highest-Rated in Infection Prevention, in 2015 achieved “Best in HCA Overall “according to The Joint Commission Accreditation Survey, and is one of only two hospitals scoring an “A” in Highest Patient Safety for the fifth consecutive year. FWBMC is also 2015’s “Best in Destin” WINNER for Best Medical Center/Hospital and Best Customer Service.
Hospital website: http://fwbmc.com/
- Fort Walton Beach is the best-kept secret in NW Florida. At the “heart’ of the Emerald Coast, Fort Walton Beach is much more than just a family-friendly vacation spot along some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Amid national and local businesses, Fort Walton Beach is thriving, and it plays home to major military bases, some of the state and nation’s top performing schools, and is the center point in a tri-county community that welcomes visitors and locals with southern charm and hospitality.
- The Emerald Coast offers 24 miles of pristine white-sand beaches stretching along the Gulf of Mexico.
- It has been recognized as one of the top ten “Best Places to Live” among 300 of the largest metropolitan areas in the U.S.