Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities:
- Obtain medical, social and developmental history of patient.
- Perform physical exams and immunizations on all patients.
- Diagnose and develop treatment plans with the patient. Management of all acute and chronic illnesses.
- Provide health education and counseling and establish preventive health practices.
- Prescribes and administers medications or delegates immunization duties to the clinical support staff as allowed by federal, state and professional guidelines.
- Initiate laboratory, radiology, and pathology exams and specialty consults as necessary.
- Review and follow up on incoming reports in a timely manner.
- Exercise judgment in establishing priorities of medical care and consult with and refer to appropriate specialist in regards to high risk or complex patients.
- Implement clinical policies with department manager, Clinical Director, Department Chair, Medical Director, and other providers to continuously provide comprehensive state of the art medical care.
- Responsible for supervision of assigned or other advance practice providers (physician assistants and nurse practitioners) at the clinical site as applicable.
- Assist with training, orientation and clinical support for new providers, advance practice providers, and clinical support staff.
- Fosters a professional, collaborative work environment with all team members and colleagues.
- Maintain current New York or Connecticut Licensure and all licenses necessary to provide care in the medical practice.
- Management of services in accordance with established organization policies and procedures and other medical programs and guidelines.
- Participation in Quality Improvement (CQI) program and clinical projects for practice improvement when requested.
- Provide case management with other health care team members.
- Medical Degree
- Active Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy (M.D. or D.O.) license in the state of New York or Connecticut as required
- Board Certification
- Active DEA license
- BLS and ACLS certification
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Demonstrated commitment to WMG mission, vision and values
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge