Job Quick Facts
* Specialty: Internal Medicine (Residency Preceptor)
* Facility Location: Langhorne, PA
* Board Requirement: BC
* License Requirement: PA
* Service Setting: Outpatient
* Coverage Reason: Vacancy
* Coverage Type: Scheduled Clinical Hours Only
* Coverage Period: June/Sept 2021 - Ongoing
* Shift Schedule: Days
- Precept/supervise IM residents with their panel of patients (outpatient).
- Ensure the clinic meets all reqts. for maintaining ACGME accreditation, assuring that residents receive strong training in outpatient medicine.
- Oversee, develop and ensure the quality of didactic and clinical educ.
- Work with IM Program Director, office manager and/or DIO in providing clinical, operational, patient exp., and staff exp. goals of the healthcare center.
- Maintain an individual panel of patients at the Healthcare Center as appropriate.
- Work with office manager to provide residents with performance data on chronic disease management and preventative health care.
- Instruct Residents in and monitor appropriate use of Evaluation and Management Documentation.
- Provide each resident with timely feedback and evaluation.
- Develop system to provide coverage of urgent problems experienced by patients on the panel of a resident who is not readily available.
- Preferred; not mandatory: Be privileged in and provide oversight for outpatient procedures required by the American Board of Internal Medicine and/or IM residency program (i.e. venipuncture, PAP/endocervical culture).
* Competitive Salary ($190-220k; depending on experience)
* Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off/Holidays
* Disability Insurance
The healthcare facility is a 371-bed hospital providing care to multiple generations of families within the Bucks county and neighboring communities. They provide outpatient advanced wound management, innovative treatments, and oxygen therapies using patient-centered treatment plans to ensure the best outcomes for their patients.
The borough is a historic district which is located in the southeast region of the state of Pennsylvania. This suburban community is known for its tree-lined streets, quaint alleys and gardens. All levels of education are accessible in this district (K-4 till Grade 12), including Cairn University which is located south within the manor. It also houses 'Sesame Place', a well-known children's theme park. You can also stroll on multiple farms, orchards, and malls within the vicinity.