NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx, a 232-bed acute-care facility with more than 156,000 outpatient and 50,000 emergency room visits and 7,500 admissions annually maintains academic affiliations with the Albert Einstein College of Medicine as a highly regarded community academic Medical Center.Responsibilities:
NYC Health + Hospitals/ North Central Bronx seeks a Program Director for its Internal Medicine (IM) Residency.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity for a motivated current Associate Program Director or Program Director (PD) looking for an opportunity to build and lead a new internal medicine training program for 48 categorical residents and interns. The program, located at North Central Bronx Hospital under the sponsorship of Jacobi Medical center, is known as Jacobi Medical Center/ Albert Einstein College of Medicine at North Central Bronx Hospital. North Central Bronx Hospital serves a culturally diverse urban population of varied socioeconomic classes, ages and ethnicity regardless of immigration status or ability to pay. This provides a breadth of patient care experiences, pathophysiology, educational and research opportunities.
The Program Director (PD) is responsible for assuring that the internal medicine residents receive training that meets and exceeds the ACGME Requirements for Graduate Training. The PD reports to the Chairman of Medicine or designee and Designated Institutional Official (DIO). The program director will support the DIO by providing reports on all aspects of graduate medical education and delivery of clinical services provided by the Internal Medicine residents.
The Program Director position is responsible for the following areas:
- Building, leading, administering, and supervising all aspects of this Internal Medicine Residency Program complying with ACGME Program Requirements including curriculum and faculty development
- Developing standards, quality and hence the reputation of the IM Residency Program
- Developing the curriculum, coordinating and presenting didactic lectures, and integrating designated specialty principles with the medical curriculum. Overseeing education and clinical care in all program-related patient care areas.
- Monitoring and evaluating resident progress and coordinating resident training with other medical faculty, clinical providers and staff, educational program components and off-site facilities. Providing direct patient care in inpatient or outpatient settings. Promoting patient safety and resident well-being in a supportive educational environment
- Supervising the Internal Medicine Residency support staff. Supervising and precepting residents in clinical settings. Leading the annual recruitment of residents into the program. Overseeing resident participation in scholarly and performance improvement activity. Coaching and leading remediation and disciplinary activities as needed
- Fulfilling administrative and clinical responsibilities (50/50)
- Current certification in internal medicine by the American Board of Internal Medicine,
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with an ACGME accredited internal medicine residency program
- Strong collaborative leadership and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A track record of excellence in clinical care, teaching and scholarship
- Recent and ongoing scholarly activity
- Experience in both inpatient and outpatient general internal medicine
- Eligible for medical licensure in the State of New York
- Competitive compensation package
- Participation in the Faculty Practice Plan with yearly compensation distribution above the base salary
- Participation in the Physician Affiliate of New York Process Improvement Yearly Bonus
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- No cost medical malpractice coverage
- Choice of a three-tiered no- or low-cost medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Vision coverage
- No cost life and disability with available supplemental life, disability and long-term care insurance
- Generous paid leave (annual, sick, CME)
- CME and professional expense monies
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Loretta Modesto, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at [Register to View]
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V[Register to View]