Pediatric Radiology in California
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), is seeking an additional Pediatric Radiologist at the renowned UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital - Oakland. The successful candidate will see a diverse case mix that consists of 100% pediatric cases, while participating in educational efforts at this site supervising and teaching residents, fellows, medical students, and post-doctoral trainees in pediatric imaging. Candidates must hold an MD or DO degree (or equivalent), be board certified or board eligible, and have completed fellowship training in pediatric imaging. Candidates at all experience levels are encouraged to apply, academic/research experience is not required.
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals have been recognized among the nation’s best pediatric medical centers in all 10 specialties assessed in US News & World Report’s annual survey of Best Children’s Hospitals for 2021-2022.
- Faculty appointment within the Department of Radiology and Biomedical Imaging at UCSF
- 100% pediatric radiology case-mix while working at a freestanding children’s hospital, one of only five Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Centers in the state
- Flexible hybrid work model with the ability to work shifts from home – all faculty have been provided work-from-home stations with a new single PACS system of UCSF with full integration of RIS and HIS deployed in December 2021
- Minimum of 0.5-1 day/week of non-clinical time
- Supervise and teach residents, fellows, medical students, and post-doctoral trainees in pediatric imaging
- Flexibility to work shifts in Mission Bay/San Francisco, if desired – tremendous collaboration opportunities with one of the most prestigious Radiology and Biomedical Imaging departments in the country
- Research opportunities are available but not required
- World-class pediatric surgical teams in all specialties; large pediatric hematology-oncology presence with Oakland serving one of the largest sickle cell anemia populations in the country
Vibrant Oakland, California, offers an urban-suburban feel with plenty of nightlife, diversity, great restaurants, and historic downtown with Victorian architecture and boutiques. Part of the San Francisco Bay Area, Oakland is close to Wine Country, waterfront towns, beaches, and Silicon Valley. Surrounded by natural beauty and breathtaking views, you’ll enjoy a remarkable quality of life in Northern California.
Applicants may submit a direct application via the UCSF applicant portal: [Register to View]
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Pediatric Radiology, Radiology Pediatric, Pediatric Radiologist, Paediatric Radiology, Paediatric Radiologists, Paediatric Medical Imaging, Pediatric Medical Imaging, radiology,, radiology, radiologist