Frederick Health is seeking a lead Pulmonologist to serve as the Medical Director of Pulmonary Services and lead the department’s growth into the future. This physician will be able to hit the ground running as there is a built-in referral base and instant paneling for the practice. The initiative has full organizational support as well as the support of collaborating specialties. This physician leader will:
- possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the desire to build,
- demonstrate an ability to cultivate relationships and mentor providers,
- serve as the face of the program,
- show proven quality improvement experience especially in the areas of COPD, length of stay, readmissions, and total cost of care,
- have a history of demonstrated leadership capabilities, strong clinical judgment, unquestioned work ethic, and the ability to balance mission and finances.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a physician to have an immediate impact on the community and patient population as there is a growing community need with an established patient base.
- Collaboration opportunities across multiple departments with ongoing discussions for the development of a Lung and Breathing Center.
- This physician will have a direct impact in establishing the department’s reputation and driving growth.
- Experience a true culture of patient centered collaboration in which nurses want to help you.
- Infrastructure of ancillary services and support to include pharmacy, respiratory therapists, sleep medicine, thoracic, ENT, Pulmonary Rehab programming, cardiac PT and more.
- Comprehensive and universal EHR for increased productivity and efficiency.
- Work hand in hand with proven administrative leadership and full organizational support.
- Opportunities for advancement in leadership at both medical group and system level.
- Be part of a culturally diverse, family-oriented atmosphere, with a stellar organizational culture that is exceptionally collaborative and committed to making a difference in the community.
- Offers a highly competitive compensation package and full benefits package.
- Supported CME to keep physicians at the top of their respective fields.
- Opportunity is in highly desirable Frederick, Maryland.
Located less than one hour from Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Gettysburg, the city of Frederick, Maryland is surrounded by mountain views, wineries, orchards and vibrant Main Street communities. Visitors can hike the Appalachian Trail, visit Maryland's largest brewery, and tour a battlefield all in one day.
As the gateway to western Maryland with its mountainous views and "clustered spires" skyline of its historic downtown churches, Frederick is best known for its civil war history and its 40-block historic district. Frederick has long been an important crossroads, located at the intersection of a major north–south Native American trail and east–west routes to the Chesapeake Bay, both at Baltimore and what became Washington, D.C. and across the Appalachian Mountains to the Ohio River watershed.
Frederick is the home of Riverside Research Park, a large biomedical research park, where tenants include the National Cancer Institute (Fort Detrick) as well as Charles River Labs. In addition to retail and dining, downtown Frederick is home to 600 businesses and organizations totaling nearly 5,000 employees. A growing technology sector can be found in downtown's historic renovated spaces, as well as in new office buildings located along Carroll Creek Park.
The Frederick Historic District in the city's downtown houses more than 200 retailers, restaurants and antique shops along Market, Patrick and East Streets. Restaurants feature a diverse array of cuisines, including Italian American, Thai, Vietnamese, and Cuban, as well as a number of regionally recognized dining establishments, such as The Tasting Room and Olde Towne Tavern.
There is no better place to connect with nature than in Frederick, Maryland. With more than 40,000 acres of public parklands, a 78-foot cascading waterfall, and picturesque mountain trails, whether your idea of adventure is hiking to the top of a mountain or relaxing in hammock, there is a perfect place for you here. Frederick offers bicycle routes and trails for riders of all skill levels. The Frederick History Bicycle Loop is an ideal ride around town for families, with stops at the Francis Scott Key Monument and several local Civil War sites. Named the best bike ride in Maryland by [Register to View] the picturesque 40-mile Covered Bridge route is perfect for touring and road cyclists, taking you to all three of Frederick's historic covered bridges.
The public schools in Frederick are highly rated, and the city also includes a variety of private school options. Frederick is also home to Frederick Community College, Hood College, and Mount St. Mary’s University.
For additional information regarding this dynamic physician leader opportunity, please contact: