What are you looking for?
Joy in Medicine? Work/life balance? Opportunity to provide exceptional patient care? We have the total package...Job Specifics
- New opportunity exists for a board-certified/board-eligible, fellowship trained pulmonary/critical care physician.
- This position would include pulmonary coverage at OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center in Urbana, Illinois. Critical care coverage is provided externally by contract.
- Outreach to OSF HealthCare Sacred Heart Medical Center in Danville, Illinois to provide outpatient pulmonary and inpatient critical care coverage. Support exists from one pulmonary/critical care physician and two advanced practice providers.
- General pulmonary and critical care medicine skill set required to include bronchoscopy, pulmonary function testing, thoracentesis, ventilator management etc.
- Average seeing 20 patients/day in clinic.
- EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Loan repayment options
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership dues
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid relocation
- OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center is a 206-bed comprehensive health care facility serving the residents of Urbana, Illinois, and surrounding areas.
- Though Urbana, population 41,000, is considered a small town, the combined population of the Urbana-Champaign population is just shy of 150,000. The community provides the amenities a metropolitan city would offer, including outstanding restaurants (named best food town in the Midwest!), a variety of recreational activities and unique shopping experiences.
- Urbana-Champaign is within three hours of Chicago, St. Louis, and Indianapolis.
- Home of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, ranked the 14th best public university in the nation and 32nd globally, includes a medical school with teaching opportunities.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Urbana has one of the lowest unemployment rates in Illinois with the University of Illinois being the largest employer in the area.