IU Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine is seeking a Lung Transplant Critical Care Physician to join our Advanced Lung Disease Team at IU Health Methodist Hospital. Be a part of our nationally recognized program and our multidisciplinary teams providing compassionate care.
- Practice location: Advanced Heart and Lung Disease Care Clinic, at the downtown Academic Health Center IU Health Methodist Hospital
- Academic appointment at IUSOM with teaching opportunities including a large pulmonary/critical care fellowship and a lung transplant fellowship
- Provide all ICU services to lung transplant, heart transplant and mechanical circulatory support patients.
- Weekly rotations through transplant ICU, medical transplant unit and clinic
- Participation in all aspects of the care of pre and post lung transplant patients.
- Co- manage the care of patients on ECMO in the ICU with the transplant CT Surgery Team.
- Provide all ICU care to a robust ECMO service
- Procedures include all general pulmonary/critical care procedures as well as advanced bronchoscopic techniques.
- Must be BC/BE in Pulmonary and Critical Care
- BC in Internal Medicine
- Strong compensation includes base salary and CME
- Relocation assistance available
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities, paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, concerts and memorials
- Named to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-2023 list of the best places to live in the United States
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eleven consecutive years
- Ranked by Niche in 2022 as one of the most diverse counties in America, as well as one of the best counties to live in Indiana & the best county for young professionals
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,200 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state (including 16 hospitals), is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
At IU Health, we are committed to advancing a culture where all people can come together while we work to equitably improve the health of all Hoosiers. Working together, our health system fosters an environment in which differences are respected and valued. With a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,200 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 25 years in a row, including six specialties among the top 50 in the nation or high performing
- Riley Hospital for Children is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana
- Preferred by consumers and referring physicians as the best health system overall in Indiana
- One of the largest employers in Indiana with over 38,000 team members, and named one of the Best Employers by State by Forbes in 2022
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Healthcare System/Hospital Description
IU Health Methodist Hospital is a national and regional healthcare leader through its commitment to excellence, accessibility and preeminence. Part of the IU Health Adult Academic Health Center, it is currently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the top hospital in the state of Indiana, with five adult specialties and ten procedures rated as high performing.
With 1,000 beds, IU Health Methodist Hospital is a large tertiary referral center with over 130 ICU beds. It serves as the largest trauma center in Indianapolis, as well as a highly subspecialized center for cardiovascular surgery, thoracic surgery, neurosurgery, lung transplantation, and neurocritical care.
It is home to the Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics, one of the few clinically-based medical ethics centers in the country, and to the IU Health Methodist Research Institute, which conducts outcomes-based research to understand how medical practices, health policies and health care spending affect the quality of patient outcomes.
Notable facts include:
- Nationally ranked organ transplant center based on total transplant volume (bone marrow, heart, intestine, kidney, liver, lung and pancreas); one of only a few centers nationally to have each of these programs certified by Medicare
- Award-winning comprehensive cardiac critical care unit
- Named to Beckers Hospital Review's 100 Great Hospitals in America in 2020
- Statewide leader in staff physician specialties, with specialists onsite 24 hours a day