Atrium Health is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic clinician educator to become the next program director at the Leon and Sandra Levine Psychiatry residency program. Located at Behavioral Health Charlotte, the Sandra and Leon Psychiatry Residency is in its fourth year and accepts four residents a class. The program mission is to train the next generation of clinical leaders in the most state-of-the art care in psychiatry. There is an emphasis on telemedicine as well as community psychiatry. The robust faculty is made up of clinician educators from multiple sub-specialties who assist in the training of learners.
The residency program director responsibilities will include residency program development and evaluation, resident recruitment and selection; resident evaluation and supervision; course/rotation monitoring and evaluation; coordination of all course and rotation scheduling; serving as the chairperson of the residency training committee; and community engagement with physicians, hospitals administrators and community site coordinators. The position is a 1.0 full time opportunity with .5 FTE for education and administration and .5 FTE for clinical care.
Education and Experience:
· At least three years of clinical experience post residency.
· Board Certification by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
· Prior leadership with a record of success.
· Previous teaching experience in a psychiatry residency program required.
· Previous experience as an associate program director or program director preferred.
· Experience in development, implementation, and evaluation of outcomes indicators and/or systems analysis or CQI preferred.