Correct Care Recovery Solutions has an opportunity for a full time Psychiatrist at our Montgomery County Mental Health Treatment Facility located in Conroe, TX.
This practice opportunity offers:
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Benefits Package
- Flexible Schedule
Correct Care Recovery Solutions offers opportunities for Psychiatrist to serve patients who have traditionally been underserved. Mental Health in jails, prisons, psychiatric hospitals and residential treatment facilities offers an exciting and fulfilling career to psychiatrists.
Our Psychiatrist assumes responsibility for the admission, continuing care, and discharge of patients. Our Staff Psychiatrist provides leadership to the multi-disciplinary treatment team, and participates in performance improvement and other activities.
- Completes an initial psychiatric assessment within 24 hours of admission. Completes a comprehensive treatment plan within deadlines. Develops, reviews, and updates individualized treatment and discharge plans in conjunction with interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Treatment includes prescription of psychotropic drugs in accordance, when applicable, with practice guidelines as well as the use of other modalities. Follows up and monitors tests and consultations, provides education and diagnosis to the patients and when applicable, their families. Documents ongoing care and discharge readiness. Conducts daily rounds on the unit.
- Completes a summary of treatment including a mental status exam before the one-year anniversary of the patients’s admission. Completes all discharge summaries within 30 days of patients discharge.
- Documents completely all services provided in the patient's medical record. Properly documents on patients chart. Ensures quality and legibility of his/her written orders and progress notes.
- Supervises the overall medical care received by the patients, reviews and oversees the treatment plan, leadership on the multi-disciplinary team, supervision of appropriate staff and students, and clinical oversight of unit activities.
- Conducts admission and evaluation of all patients admitted to the unit including psychiatric interviews, review of referral materials and request additional investigative data as indicated. The psychiatrist’s initial assessment includes a comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, assessment for movement disorders and formulation of the patients’ capacity to consent. The psychiatrist initiates treatment with psychotropic medicines and other available modalities in accordance with facility policy.
- Takes appropriate steps to insure early detection of patients’ competency and readiness for discharge. Provides timely and complete reports to the court. As a team member makes efforts toward the achievement of the facilities goals of 20 discharges per month. Effectively prescribes and monitors psychotropic medications aimed at reducing psychiatric symptoms, restoration of competence and community discharge.
- A MD from an accredited university.
- At least one (1) year experience in clinical psychiatry.
- Licensed in the state of practice. Board certified or eligible in psychiatry.